- 4 cans stewed tomatoes (I use the Kroger brand.)
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock/broth
- 2 cloves garlic (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 1/2 tsp Nature’s Seasons
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy cream (or 1 can unsweetened coconut milk to make it vegan!)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper
Begin heating the chicken or vegetable stock in a large soup pot. Blend the canned tomatoes until smooth. (I use my Nutri Bullet and blitz them for about 30 second each.) Include your tomato paste and cloves of garlic in the blending process.
Pour blended tomatoes into the chicken stock and stir. Bring to a simmer and add heavy cream or coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Season with Nature’s and red pepper (use less if you want a traditional tomato soup and more if you like it spicy!)
Wine Pairing Suggestion
Tenuta di Nozzole Chianti
***Serves 4-6 and goes beautifully with a grilled cheese of your choice!