- 6 cups cubed bread (A lot of gluten free breads are frozen, so I used the following and cleaned out the freezer.)
- 3 Everything Bagels – Trader Joe’s
- 3 Udi’s hamburger buns
- 12-ish slices of two kinds of sandwich bread
- 1 bag of Brazi Bites (baked fresh today)
- 6 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk (add more if you prefer a super wet bread pudding)
- 3 Tbsp. stone ground mustard
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 lb. bacon
- 2 tsp. Nature’s Seasons
- 1/2 cup parmesan
Set out any bread to thaw, and bake Brazi Bites if using. Cut all bread into 1/2 inch cubes and toss together in a large bowl.
Fry the bacon until crispy. Hand tear the kale into bite sized pieces and wash.
Combine eggs, milk, mustard, and Nature’s Seasons.
Layer half the bread into a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish, followed by a layer of kale, then bacon. Repeat until all ingredients are evenly dispersed. Ladle over the egg mixture so it evenly coats and soaks through the entire dish.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Remove foil, top with parmesan, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Wine Pairing Suggestion
Black Box Pinot Grigio