- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 large carrots
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 12 oz. frozen peas
- 2 cups spiralized butternut squash
- 1 bunch green onions
- 4 oz. shredded fontina cheese
- 4 oz. port salut cheese (brie would work great too)
- 20 oz. (two cans) cream of chicken soup (the Pacific brand is gluten free)
- 24 oz. (two boxes) gnocchi (I used gluten free by Delallo)
- 1 cup parmesan
- 1 Tbsp. Nature’s Seasons
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
Chop chicken into bite sized pieces. Add olive oil to your Dutch oven and bring to a medium heat. Add the chicken and season with Nature’s Seasons. Brown the chicken on all sides. Chop the onion, carrot, and garlic and add to the pan. Stir to incorporate. Add 1/2 cup of white wine (I used the Bota Box pinot grigio I already had open) and deglaze the pan. Add 1/2 cup of water and place in a 350 degree oven, covered, for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and add the butternut squash, peas, cheeses, and cream of chicken soup. Stir until mixed through.
Boil gnocchi to package directions – until it floats. Drain and spoon on top of pie mixture. Add extra black pepper and the parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Broil for 5.
Wine Pairing Suggestion
Starborough Sauvignon Blanc